Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mabel at the Market

Michael is at the Elberta Farm Market today (and a beautiful day it is!).

When Michael was at Bonneville, I went to the Elberta Farm Market. I got to meet all of the wonderful people that Michael had told me about. I also got to meet Mabel the dog.

After I met Mabel and her human mom, Julie, I was busy setting up my table, when Julie asked who had given Mabel a chocolate doughnut. Since no one had given it to Mabel, Julie had to do some investigating. After searching for clues, Julie found the answer. Midge, our neighbor vendor, had bought a chocolate doughnut from a baker vendor and had put the doughnut in her market bag...at eye level and nose level with Mabel! Mabel could not resist, so she reached into the bag and helped herself to the doughnut! She was a very happy dog, with a great doughnut in her mouth, until Julie took it away. Mabel had not even eaten any chocolate yet. She had just nibbled on the non chocolate underside.

You had to be there! It was a fun start to the morning!

Michael just gave me a call from the market. Mabel is happily receiving a tummy rub as I write this! What a great life for Mabel!

No comments: