Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Antique Cash Registers in Lexington, Michigan

I was just talking to Kim at the Lexington General Store in Lexington, Michigan. They carry several Creekside Grains mixes, and placed an order for more mixes today.

When I asked Kim if they used bar codes in the store (we put them on the mixes for easy check out and inventory), she laughed and said that they do not. They use a 100 year old cash register! I love 100 year old registers! 

I saw one in an antique store last month, and would love to be able to use it. Since we do not sell retail, except at Farmers Markets (which is hard to carry a 100 year old cash register to), I am glad that the Lexington General Store does. I hope it lasts 100 more years!

If you are in the neighborhood, stop by the store and say hi! You will be glad you did.




LEXINGTON GENERAL STORE
7272 HURON AVE.
LEXINGTON, MI  48450
810-359-8900

No comments: