Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bye!

For the first time since our honeymoon nine years ago, I am taking a mini vacation! I have taken many trips for conventions, but they do not count as a vacation, since we only had a few hours to play on each trip. The rest of the time, we were in classrooms and trade shows...

This is a real vacation! My sister told me a few months ago to block off the time and join her on a trip through the Upper Peninsula. We both attended Northern Michigan University (over thirty years ago), so it will be fun to see how much the University and Marquette have changed in thirty years. We used to dine at the Villa Capri in Marquette and we are looking forward to going back. I hear it is still one of the best Italian restaurants! It gets rave reviews on the web! The butter used to drip off the garlic bread! I hope it still does, just for old time sake!

My sister was driving over the Mackinac Bridge in 1975, the night the Edmund Fitzgerald disappeared near Whitefish Bay. She said it was a very scary storm and the bridge was closed shortly after she crossed. We will spend some time at the lighthouse museum at Whitefish Bay.

We will also visit my "neighbor." Jean and I played together in Jackson nearly every day when we were little. When we attended Northern, Jean stayed in Marquette and I moved back home. It will be nice to see her after so many years.

Big Bay and Grand Marais are also on our list. I have never been to Grand Marais, but it was one of my father's favorite places to visit. I will enjoy seeing the place that my father loved so much.

We have less than a week to play, so we will make the most of it. We will also visit several of the gift stores that carry Creekside Grains products. I cannot wait to meet the owners and see the stores.

Michael will be at Elk Rapids Farm Market tomorrow and Frankfort on Saturday. I will be back at the Suttons Bay Market next Saturday! See you then!

Bye!

No comments: