Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby Birds Everywhere

Awhile ago, Michael was laughing at the Kildeer, 
doing her broken wing imitation, while screaming at him as he walked to the house.
At the time, he did not know why she was making such a performance.
A few minutes ago, he got his answer.
We have an entire family of baby Kildeers scooting around our yard.
They are so adorable. 
They look just like their parents, only in miniature.

I read that they can run as soon as they are born. 
I am guessing that the birth occurred last night or this morning, 
since we have not seen this activity before today.

As Michael was trying to get out of the driveway, 
I had to walk ahead of the car to scoot the babies out of the way.
Mom and Dad were having a fit! 
They were both going all out to protect their family!

I sure hope the babies get out of the way of our delivery trucks when they pick up our orders!

I cannot wait to see this family grow.
They are so entertaining!

No comments: