Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chickadee Nests

Chickadees are one of my favorite birds. 
I love their sweet voices, chick-a-dee-dee-dee. 

We have so many of the little birds at our feeders. 
I am not sure how many live here because they all look alike.

When they prepare their nests, they like soft fur. 
I thought I would help them by putting out lint from our dryer. 
I put it on the railing of our deck. They like it! 
I watched one pull a mouthful of lint from the railing, then fly off to stuff their nest. 
I like the idea that their babies will be born in a very soft bed!

Genesis 2:19
Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. 
He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; 
 and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

Must be Adam heard their voices and decided to call them Chickadees,
just like their sound!

No comments: