Wednesday, August 1, 2012

French Toast and Sugar Cookies

I got to spend Sunday with my mother at our family cabin.
I made her french toast for breakfast.
I noticed something in her hand that was not french toast. 
It was a sugar cookie that Michael had baked for her.


 I have never had sugar cookies with my french toast before,
so I was a bit surprised at her breakfast choice.

 Mom loves Michael's sugar cookies so much that she only asks for them when we visit her.
Michael makes so many other interesting flavors, but Mom still wants the sugar cookies.

She always adds that she will not share, 
but, 
after one day of enjoying the two dozen or so cookies, 
she will break down and share!
I had fun visiting with Mom and (don't tell!) stealing her sugar cookies when she was not looking
(except for breakfast - french toast and sugar cookies are not my breakfast of choice)!

No comments: