Sunday, August 12, 2012

Salad Bar

 This was what our flower pot looked like in June. It had lots of pretty flowers in it.


This is what our flower pot looked like last month.
Our neighborhood deer decided that they liked the flowers for their midnight salad bar snack.

 
This is what our flower pot looked like last week.
Just when the flowers were growing and getting pretty again, 
they were eaten to the base again.

 I am not sure how, but this flower escaped.
At least we have one pretty flower in the pot.


 At the same time as the first flower pot massacre,
they devoured the sunflowers, too.
Yesterday, while I was at the farmers market, 
I was sad to see the beautiful sunflowers at the market 
that we do not have at our house.

 

I had to photograph them, just so I could remember how pretty they could have been
in our garden this year.

 
Next year, there will be a solution.
I am not sure what it is,
but there will be a solution.
At least I can enjoy the sunflowers at the market
and my zinnias that the deer do not like.

No comments: