Thursday, September 13, 2012

Last Day at Northport Farm Market


Friday is my last day at the Northport Farmers Market.
Northport is one of my favorite markets.
After a week of long hours working at the kitchen/warehouse or being at the Farmers Markets, 
I look forward to the drive from Traverse City to Northport.
As soon as I pass through Suttons Bay, 
I take a deep breath and enjoy the view
on the way to Northport.
Once I get to Northport,
I enjoy the view of the gardens just across the driveway.
They change weekly, with a new set of perennials. 

 This is where I get to set up my booth, 
right in front of the Depot.
Michael's Aunt Alfreada was the head chef
when the Depot was a restaurant years ago.

 After the market is over, I head back to Traverse City
and enjoy this view as I drive into Omena.

What a gorgeous area to live!
I still have many more Saturday's at the Suttons Bay Farmers Market,
but it is time to say good bye to Northport for another season.

No comments: