Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mama and baby ducks

As I drove home from the Leland Farm Market on Thursday, I was on a busy stretch of M-22. Next thing I knew, mama duck decided to cross the busy road with all of her babies. It looked like there were eight to ten of them. I had time to stop, but Mr. Crazy driver on the other side was not paying attention. Mr. Crazy slammed on the brakes, stopped and blocked the road so that mama had no way to continue across the road. I was squealing, mama was quacking and babies were scattering everywhere! One baby did a somersault, but landed safely on his feet again.

Anyway, Mr. Crazy driver moved on and mama was able to finish her journey to the bay. Let's hope it was a one time crossing and they will live on the water side of the road from here on.

If I had a video camera, it would have been a great segment! The babies were adorable and mama was very good at trying to keep them in check!

Farm markets are not just for selling Creekside Grains. They are also for taking beautiful drives to the markets, visiting with awesome people and watching God's creation along the way!

No comments: