Friday, July 31, 2009

Rooster in Training

I am not an early bird. I am a night owl. However, the early morning farm markets have changed my schedule and I am now an early bird.

God has a great sense of humor. He knows that I have a difficult time getting out of bed in the morning. I am not grouchy, but I am not singing, either. But...God found a way to make me laugh every morning!

I sleep with the bedroom windows open, so I can hear the soothing running waters of Beitner Creek. When I wake very early in the morning, I hear the birds, and especially one unique bird. Our neighbors have a baby rooster, who wakes me up with the most unusual sound that I have ever heard. Instead of a rowdy "COCK A DOODLE DOOO!," he says "COCK A DOODLE ooooo." It could also be interpreted as "er, er, er, er, er, ooooo." He tries so hard to be authorative, and he does okay until he hits the last "do." It sounds like a sigh...Michael says he sounds like stuffed animal.

This funny rooster in training wakes me up and makes me smile, every morning. Thanks, God!

No comments: