Monday, July 13, 2009

Pumpkin pancakes and pups

Last week, I said I would share the story of the pumpkin pancakes and the dog. I hope I get the story right! A client said that she was preparing to make the pumpkin pancakes. When she left the room for a moment, she came back to see her dog covered in pancake mix! He was telling her that he liked the pumpkin pancakes as much as she did! I wished she had been able to photograph him with the new pancake makeup look. It would have been great.

If you are feeling creative, take some photographs of your family (or pets) with the pancakes while camping, or the cookies at a party, or wherever you enjoy Creekside Grains. I will be glad to post them on the site.

One last note for the day. Don't read the last two chapters of Marley and Me while you are in public. I was at the Suttons Bay Farm Market on Saturday morning. We had a few quiet moments, so I thought I would pull the book out and read. Bad idea!!! Within seconds, I had big tears in my eyes, then the small sobs started coming. I had to put the book away, so I could be happy sharing Creekside Grains instead of sobbing at the clients. I was able to finish the book last night, then cry myself to sleep...

I had the world's best dog. Annie died two years ago and I still miss her desperately...

No comments: