Sunday, August 30, 2009

96 degrees

Michael wondered why his feet were hot. He thought that he needed new shoes. Then he looked at the thermometer. 96 degrees! Even if he has the best shoes, his feet will still be hot at 96 degrees!

They recommend wearing old shoes on the salt. Shoes get ruined, so an old pair gets thrown away at the end of the week.

Michael is waiting for the salt to dry and make it feel more like pavement. The drier the salt, the safer the run. It rained a bunch last Monday, so the salt needs time to dry. Many drivers are making the attempt, but it looks like Tuesday will be his first attempt.

He also did not want to hang out in line for the track in his fifty pound black leather suit (maybe not fifty pounds, but it sure is heavy). He said the other drivers put on their suits, pour a bottle of water in, and zip up. The water keeps them cooler. Hot, wet leather does not sound like a good combination to me!

Michael is also an official red neck! He pours the sun block on, but it melts off and his neck is burning! It is bright red!

I am so glad that Michael is there, but I miss his cooking. For those of you who know me, I do not cook. My three favorite words are "dinner is ready." I have been whining for weeks that I have to cook for two weeks while he is gone. I am a great salad maker, so I have been dining on Farm Market lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, corn on the cob, broccoli, blackberries and peaches. I have had some wonderful dinners, but it is still not the same as Michael's incredible cooking.

More later!

No comments: