Thursday, August 20, 2009

Great Clients!!!

I was so excited to talk about our Farm Market dinner that I neglected to tell you about our great clients.

My greatest distance client bought local maple syrup from me today. She lives in Honolulu! I love Hawaii. I took my nieces to Hawaii for their high school graduation present. We had such a nice time. It is great talking to clients to see where they are visiting from. I am sure that Honolulu wins the prize for the greatest distance.

Just as I was packing the car to leave the Leland Farm Market today, a very handsome boy walked up to the almost empty table (there were only a few cookie mixes left - everything else was in the car). He smiled at me and said that I was the lady with the pumpkin pancake mixes. I smiled back and said yes. I then told him that I had them in the car just waiting for him. When his family joined him, we were able to get him his pumpkin pancake mixes and talk about their home town. Their home town of Napoleon just happens to be twenty minutes from my home town of Jackson. Thirty years ago, my grandmother had a restaurant in the little town of Napoleon, so we talked about what building lives there now. We also found out that the father works just across the street from the Subway restaurant where my 81 year old mother works. He remembered my mother! Next time he goes into Subway, he can say that he saw me. She will be surprised!

Michael got to enjoy time with two beautiful girls with pink tops and pink headbands at the Elberta market today. They taste tested a root beer cookie, then chose the best sample for their mother so she could enjoy a sample, too. What sweet girls!

A few weeks ago, a couple stopped at the Frankfort market. I knew the woman looked familiar, but I could not place her. After a few minutes conversation, we found that I graduated with her sister. A few minutes later, we found out that we grew up less than a mile apart from each other. When you lived in my farming community, a mile apart was a close neighbor! Not only was she familiar, she was close neighbor familiar!

Michael just received a phone call from a very happy client. They loved the Mega Mint cookies! At least four people in the background also let Michael know how much they loved the cookies. They are ready to place a great big order for Christmas gifts. What a great idea!

Back to packing the cars for tomorrow's markets! See you there!

2 comments:

susie cook said...

Dear Loretta,
It was wonderful meeting you during our many visits to the farmers' markets up in the Leland area. Since returning to Chicago we have enjoyed many of the delicious products we bought from you. This week we made the root beer cookies. Wow!! Michael you suer created a winner here! Our biggest challenge in making them was deciding on the dough ball size so the resulting baked cookies were slightly crisp on the outside while moist on the inside. The biggest challenge since has been rationing them so that they don't disappear too quickly. The frosting is so awesome. We did have left over root beer extract. Do we need to keep it in the refrigerator and any suggestions for other uses?

Again thanks and we look forward to seeing you next summer.

The Brontman Family

susie cook said...

Dear Loretta,
It was wonderful meeting you during our many visits to the farmers' markets up in the Leland area. Since returning to Chicago we have enjoyed many of the delicious products we bought from you. This week we made the root beer cookies. Wow!! Michael you sure created a winner here! Our biggest challenge in making them was deciding on the dough ball size so the resulting baked cookies were slightly crisp on the outside while moist on the inside. The biggest challenge since has been rationing them so that they don't disappear too quickly. The frosting is so awesome. We did have left over root beer extract. Do we need to keep it in the refrigerator and any suggestions for other uses?

Again thanks and we look forward to seeing you next summer.

The Brontman Family