Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Lettuce

I cannot believe it finally happened! We had the last of the lettuce from the farm market tonight for dinner. I have been buying fresh lettuce at the farm markets since the beginning of June. For five months, we have had the best tasting salads. It will be very hard to go to the grocery store and buy lettuce again.

Our farm market lettuce would last two weeks in the fridge. There were so many varieties throughout the season. When we added the vegetable of the week, every salad was different and so wonderful.

What a great concept...feed the farmers by buying local and feed ourselves fresh salads!

Hot out of the oven, Michael just brought me a freshly prepared apple crisp from the last of the farm market apples. It smells wonderful! I cannot wait for it to cool off.

I look forward to next summer!

No comments: